Since we know that this sort of thing can be boring, we have tried to put together our terms and conditions in a clear and simple way so that both of us can have an unambiguous and happy working relationship!
Still have questions? Please contact us!
NB. The abbreviation CLBD is used in the text to define Carpe Librum Book Design in order to simplify reading.
- Once the predesigned illustration has been paid, the client has 14 days to complete and return by email the form that will be sent to him beforehand. Sending this form is essential to specify the information to appear on the cover and minor changes to be made. A customer who fails to submit the completed form to CLBD within the prescribed time limits will receive an email notifying him that unless a response is received, the design will be returned to the market and the payment will be fully refunded.
- Once the first draft has been completed, the client will be contacted by CLBD by e-mail in order to present it to him. Written approval from the client is required to finalize the project. Once this approval is given, the final high-resolution file will only be provided to the client. The transfer will be via email.(For premades, a second round of modifications can be applied to minor details. If more complex changes are required, fees may apply.)
- Every premade ebook cover presented in Carpe Librum Book Design’s online store and social media store is a unique design and will only be sold once. Therefore, in the event that several customers express their interest in the same premade design, CLDB uses the “first come, first served” principle to determine to whom it will be sold. The names of other interested clients will be retained in the event that the first person did not pay the invoice in the following week.
- Each premade ebook cover design can be converted to paperback provided that the customer makes it in writing at the beginning of the project. If the client does not mention it in writing and show up at a later date, the project will be considered Custom and the related fees will apply.
What is considered minor changes: are within the original brief; tweaking certain individual elements of the cover; changing colors; moving elements; changing text placement and/or fonts; resizing.
- Once the initial 50% deposit has been paid, the client has 14 days to complete and return by email the Custom Cover Request Form that will be sent to him beforehand. Sending this form is essential to specify the information to appear on the cover and what kind of design is needed.
- A customer who fails to submit the completed form to CLBD within the prescribed time limits will receive an email notifying him that unless a response is received, the time slot allocated to it would be reopened and the deposit will be refunded.
- In the case of paperback book covers, the final information (size, number of pages, price, ISBN, barcode) concerning the book is essential from the beginning of the project and must be provided to CLBD by the customer, unless express written request by email. This procedure aims to ensure the dimensional accuracy of the final format according to the selected distributor. Any changes to an approved final project will entail additional costs.
- A few email communications can take place between CLBD and the customer during the process, to ensure that a design that meets the expectations of the client is created.
- Once the first draft has been completed, the client will be contacted by CLBD by email in order to present it to him. Written approval from the client is required to finalize the project. Once this approval is given, an invoice covering the last 50% fee will be sent by email. The final high-resolution file will only be provided to the client once this fee has been paid. The transfer will be via WeTransfer, a simple and safe platform.
- Every custom ebook cover created by Carpe Librum Book Design is a unique design and will only be sold once.
- Each custom ebook cover design can be converted to paperback provided that the customer makes it in writing at the beginning of the project. If the client does not mention it in writing and show up at a later date, the project will be considered as a Custom ebook cover only and the related fees will apply.
The customer is allowed to cancel a project at any stage and for any reason whatsoever. It is highlight that:
- The 50% deposit paid at the beginning of the project is not refundable. It covers the expenses inherent in starting a design (stock imagery, fonts licenses and others).
- The imagery stocks and the font licenses purchased, as well as the original concepts created by Carpe Librum Book Design belong to the latter since all the sums due have not been paid in full. They may be resold to a third party in their entire or divided form, unless prior written agreement between Carpe Librum Book Design and the customer.
- In the event that a first contact has been established between Carpe Librum Book Design and the customer, and the client decides to terminate the project before the start of the project, the initial deposit of 50% will be refunded. A clear written request to this effect must be made by client.
- After completing a design application form, the client does not follow up on a project within 3 months of the first communication. The initial 50% deposit will be refunded if it already paid.
- After initiating the creation of a design, the customer does not respond to the approval emails (3) sent by Carpe Librum Book Design within 3 weeks. The initial 50% deposit will not be refunded.
- Any other situations that may arise that would prejudice, in any way, Carpe Librum Book Design or the customer.
In the case of any cancellation from any party, all designs already created by Carpe Librum Book Design and sent to the customer must be destroyed by the customer. The customer retains no rights to any designs whatsoever.
All client information and materials are considered confidential and only for use by Carpe Librum Book Design to work on a project. Client information and project materials will not be given out or shared with any third party, unless otherwise requested by the client.
- All payments are done through Paypal.
- All final files transfer are done through email or WeTransfer.
- Prices are subject to change without notice; it is therefore the responsibility of the customer to pay attention to the price of an item before paying the invoice